Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2003

I swear to god, I go to the beach and I become a philiosophical nitwit, engaging in conversations akin to a cheesy-standing-on-the-dock "Dawson's Creek" moment. Yesterday afternoon and then again tonight Meghan and I drove to Nantasket, for lack of anything better to do, and sat on the sement wall facing the sea, and lamented about life, choices we have made, men, the future, what it all means etc... And then as usual I go home and wonder why I waste time thinking about things like that. I don't like to dwell on the past because that is a form of regret, an emotion which I find uselss and have no time for. And I like to opine about my glamorous future but I can't help but wonder if I am better off just taking it one day at a time. Regardless, I am definitely having my quarter-life crisis.

Also: Tina Fabulous from The Bachelor is my hero when, upon being eliminated on the 2nd to last episode, she responded not with indignant tears or absolutist recriminations ("You just made the biggest mistake of your life!") but with a shrug and a "Whatever! I don't think being barefoot and pregnant on a vineyard is fabulous anyway."

No comments: