Pages

Monday, April 11, 2005

excerpts from a Friday night at Fuji


me: i wish you could get free refills of wine
adam: you can't because of the blue laws
andy: them laws be makin' me blue.


andy: i love your hair! it's very Sarah Jessica Parker
me: i know! she is my muse!
adam: yeah i am!!! (his last name is Meuse, and he had only heard the last part of our converstaion, lol)

so, friday night we all went to Fuji to celebrate Chris's birthday. there were a ton of people there, many of whom i had not seen in a long while, so it was a fabulous time. i knew it was a going to be a good night when about 10 minutes into it, i had already laughed so hard that i was crying about 3 or 4 times. mostly because of andy's antics. i <3 him

then around 10:30 andy and i headed into the Boston to pick up the fabulous Miss Jill in the North End and then to meet Alicia at the Beerworks in Fenway. madness of course ensued as i drank my weight in pinot grigio, we made best friends (i think) with the manager who then must have comped most of our drinks since the bill was about 50% less than it should have been. i then led a revolt in the ladies' room to take over the more clean and better stocked mens' room.

(you might be interested to know that the vending machine in the ladies' room carries only tylenol and tampons whereas the one in the men's room carries only condoms and mints....so apparently all women do is get their periods and all men do is have sex. interesting)

and as we drove home, we blasted Ashlee and Mariah and sang along as loudly as we could. and i remember nothing about arriving home but i do know i woke up the next morning with my hand in a box of Berry Berry Kix which i was clutching to me as though it were my child.

and of course, waking up with the worst wine-induced hangover ever is bad enough, but when one must then attend a 4.5 hour Stats class, it is a distinctly new level of hell. i managed not to vomit though, and when i arrived home at 1PM i promptly went back to bed until 6PM. and since i was even then not adequately recovered, Adam and i ordered chinese food and watched Discovery Channel all night. i will tell you, those hermit crabs do NOT fuck around.

then the next morning saw an unprecedented level of activity from me. i awoke at 9AM and immediately did my taxes (you will be pleased to know that, while i owe a little more than i thought i would, i owe ALOT less (about $800 less) than my dad said i would. so, in his face.

then i vaccumed and wiped down my car, showered, ran errands at the Derby Street Shops, bought a fabulous new dress, came home and did lots of laundry, cleaned our room and organized my closet (i don't organize by color because frankly with my wardrobe it does not make sense (i really only wear black, blue and pink) so i organize by creating outfits and hanging each one on a hanger. for instance today i picked out a black and tan wrap dress that i had hung with a black 3/4 sleeve cardigan and tan scarf. it definitely makes it easier to pick out a complete outfit in my pre-coffee haze).

i then made for dinner a fantastic chicken meatball and pea soup that i found the recipe for in the Boston Globe Magazine last week. and i ddn't even think i liked peas! i highly reccomend it.

so all in all, this weekend i learned that 1) i really do love gay men and 2) i really do like peas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we (but I esp.) love you, honey! *kisses* andy

Anonymous said...

And we (but I esp.) love you, honey! *kisses* andy

Anonymous said...

peas are one of my favorite foods and gays are some of my favorite people. haha. also, you left out dropping adams phone on my head! haha. your hair does look amazing, i love the cut! <3 danielle

Chris said...

Quoting you:

"(you might be interested to know that the vending machine in the ladies' room carries only tylenol and tampons whereas the one in the men's room carries only condoms and mints....so apparently all women do is get their periods and all men do is have sex. interesting)"

Hilarious. You're cracking me up, Stewart.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have not yet been to the Derby Street Shops but I hear there is an In The Pink that recently opened, so I'm thinking a road trip is in order.

Go you, holy productive Sunday!

Erin
www.pinkandgreengirl.com