Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Beauty and Main

I'm thirty.

You probably already know about it by now. What with the month long build-up in February and my posting pictures from my party and whatnot. And if you recall, one thing that came with being 30, for me, was starting (finally!) to take better care of my skin so that it will take care of me. (It knows that I am not above Botox at an early age so it better stay in line. You listening to me epidermis?)

Anyway!

This month brought with it a fantastic deal from BuyWithMe.com - a $50 gift card to my favorite cosmetic store, Beauty and Main, for only $20!

I have to say, while Sephora was the favorite beauty product store of my twenties I believe that Beauty and Main will be that of my thirties. I have been going there for a couple of years now and I just love the customer service, attention to detail of the staff. And everyone is so friendly and helpful. I once wanted to order a perfume for my mother that they no longer had at the Hingham store so the woman behind the counter called their Andover store and had it shipped right to me. Could not have been more convenient.

Not to mention the great brands they carry - Trish McEvoy, Murad, Too Faced, Cake, Mario Badescu and Laura Mercier (to name a few).

So I went to the Hingham store (At the Derby Street Shops) on Friday with my gift certificate and a desire for some great "day" makeup. Within a few minutes of entering the shop I was seated and receiving a makeover from a super nice sales associate (which I remembered her name) who did a great job of listening to what I wanted and also had some fantastic suggestions.

For instance, I really just do not like wearing foundation. I go through phases where I will wear it here and there but it just is not really for me. But I could use a little brightening/evening out so she suggested Trish McEvoy's Corrector and Brightener. She put some under my eyes and around my nose a little and it made a dramatic difference without looking makeup-py at all. I've been using it all week and still LOVE it.

I also picked up some Laura Mercier eye shadow as well as the powder liner, which I am newly obsessed with. I wear eyeliner basically every day and have been completely dedicated to liquid liner until trying out the powder. That + a little water + a fantastic little stiff brush = perfectly lined eyes every time. See, you can teach an old dog new tricks!

So if you are local and looking for a new place to buy your makeup, to learn how to craft a new look or just to browse some fantastic comsetics, you will want to check out Beauty and Main!

No comments: