Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Talk On

If you know me at all, you know I love to talk. Like, a lot.

And I've so evolved in my conversational abilities that I actually don't even need an other person's input to maintain a conversation for quite some time. Adam, luckily, learned this long ago and so when I am spouting off about who knows what, he holds onto the information he needs, amongst all the babble, to take the conversation in a direction that suits him so as to avoid telling me to for the love of god please be quiet.

Example (from this Saturday, when we were driving down Mass Ave on the way to dinner).

Me: "I always see these visitor's parking signs but I never see any actual visitor parking spots open. Like, ever. I bet residents park in these spaces! Actually if I lived here I would probably park there too. And if I happened to find a spot in front of my brownstone I would NEVER leave it. Like I would park there all week and take the T everywhere that way I wouldn't lose my spot. No ACTUALLY I would invite one of my friends who has a car to come shopping and be like "Oh come to my house and park your car in my spot and I will drive". Then when we come back from shopping she would leave and I would get the spot again. Isn't that an awsesome idea? To have your friend hold your place if you have to go somewhere?"

Adam: "That depends. Is your friend hot?"


Me:"........"


Hey at least he was listening! To part of it at least.

6 comments:

Nicole Huot said...

Dear Pink Shoe Diary Readers, the conversation recounted above is almost exactly verbatim. I was in the car at the time and can attest to it.
LOL.

Anonymous said...

adam and C would get along real good.

this reminds me of that one time when i told C about how i had a dream about him cheating on me and i went on and on about all the details and how upset i was and everything and his only reply was "was she hot?" as well. "she" referring to the woman with whom he was cheating on me! can you believe? --- men...

PS: to be fair i have to say that i would probably tune out myself if i had to listen to me talk some times ;)

Sarah said...

ahahaha i bet they WOULD get along well! And I agree - I would definitely tune me out sometimes!

Caitlin said...

HA - this is what I do for MY own personal on-street parking situation!
FAB idea!

Random Musings said...

I have a confession.. I am your long lost sister serious.. Oh and we are married to the same man. Yep.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so me... SO ME.