Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Portrait of the Artist


This here is my bedside table.

There are way too many books because I don't have room for all the books that Adam's mom gives me every time I see her. She has uncovered my addiction to trashy chick lit and she is my main supplier. I can't say no and I can't stop!

There is also a photo of Adam and I circa 2004 (in that photo, I had bangs that I CUT MYSELF. Yes, at 24 I felt (after a few G&Ts) that I was definitely qualified to cut my own bangs. Do not make the same mistake.

You may also notice my new mascot - a snazzy little Diva Pig. Courtesy of my friend Nicky.

Do you know about my friend Nicky? She is an incredibly talented artist...so much so that HGTV picked her to showcase in an episode of That's Clever to be aired this year! She creates oh so cute drawings and since she has a background in children's illustration her stuff is perfect for a child's room (or any room, really!)



She designs amazing and unique plush characters such as Octopants (my favorite, next to Dive Pig of course)



She made a fantastic collection of the the most adorable and creative bee ornaments you have ever seen.

For instance:



Mr B. I pity the fool who messes with him.



Beelie Holiday. Singin the jazz like no bee can.



And don't forget The Pollinator. "He'll bee back!"

I have the Bee-atch hanging in my cubicle at work (which unfortunately I don't have a picture of but she is quite the conversation piece and cracks me up when I am having a tough day. Who can look in the face of a bee like this and still be in a bad mood? No one!)

So go, check out Nicky's newly created blog and welcome her to the blogosphere. And then don't forget to pop into her Etsy Shop. Valentine's Day is around the corner and one of her soon to be famous bees or snazzy plush characters are the perfect, unique gift!

6 comments:

Nicole Huot said...

What a nice blog to start off my Wednesday with. You're awesome! Thanks! (o:

lisagh said...

That piggy is divine! Love her.

MegFordice said...

Speaking of trashy chick lit, have you read "Bergdorf Blondes"? I picked it up at the library the other day. It is trashy and superficial to the T. But, it is SUPER FUN to read and makes me wish I was a New York girl.

Cricky said...

Chick Lit trash is the best kind of trash.

Frugal Fiona and Cabbee are my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I friggin' love that pig.

Rebecca said...

I wish I knew about her before she was going to become famous! I was looking for someone to mural my son & daugher's walls...couldn't find anyone that I really liked their "style" of painting. She is awesome!