Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Brave New Girl


I bet you never thought you would see a picture of me and a baby!

Though I am notoriously baby-shy (they freak me out mostly) I had the honor of meeting and holding my new neice Kaylyn last weekend when she was only twelve hours old. Adam's brother and sister in law created just about the cutest teeniest baby I have ever seen.

Look at that peanut!

It is really something special to meet someone the first day they are on this earth. She is so brand new! Just this pristine little human waiting to have a whole lifetime of firsts.

I held her for a few minutes, however akwardly, but within that few minutes I allowed myself to admit for the first time to myself that I really do want kids someday. Not now, not soon but definitely someday. And that was a big thing for me to realize, something I have felt on the fence about my whole life.

So my ovaries are not made of stone I guess.

Welcome to the world, Kaylyn!!

11 comments:

tulipmom said...

That's so cool that you got to meet her the very same day she was born. What a beautiful baby. And what an important realization to have.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable baby! Congrats on the new niece chica.

Lys said...

CONGRATS! She's adorable!!!

To Be Announced said...

aw, I knew you were going to change your mind about that someday! :)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congtratulations...

East Coast Teacher said...

She's so precious! Congratulations :)

Meg said...

She is adorable. And you don't look at all awkward.

Greens and Pinks said...

There definitely is something special about brand-new beautiful baby girl newborns.

But I may have a slight bit of a bias.

AmyB said...

PRECIOUS!! My OWN ovaries just skipped a beat (I am a bit older than you, after all)...thanks a lot!!! ;o)

Congrats to you and Adam for having another little being in the world to spoil rotten. Have fun!

Libby said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful. and doesn't it totally make you all mushy inside to see adam with the tiny girl? that's how i feel everytime i manage to place one of my girl's babies in chris' arms anyway...