Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bullseye!

Every so often, I get what I wish for. And when that happens it reaffirms my belief that life is good, that good things come to people who wait, and all that crap.

For a while now, something has been missing in my life. Something that no person should have to be without, and something that those who have often take for granted.

A decent Target.

You see, I live about 10 minutes from the Target in South Bay, which you may have passed whilst driving on the Southeastern Expressway. If you have been inside this establishment, you will agree with my assessment that it tends to be a little wretched. It's not very clean, not very well stocked, not organized, and is at times can be crawling with packs of children ready to beat you to a pulp.

Unfortunately this is the closest Target to me, and I do believe that a wretched Target is scads better than no Target at all. So I shop there when the need arises. But I have often lamented that I wish I lived near a better one, one where there is more to the ladies' clothing department that Maternity and Juniors. One that carries at least HALF the shoes they have online, one where things are in their proper place and where the parking lot isn't covered in trash.

Well, the shopping gods have heard my cries and have sent me a little piece of heaven.

The new Target in Abington.

Adam and I were driving to Luke's on Saturday, for our monthly stocking up of wine and cocktail accoutrements, when I decided to "take a shortcut" (read: go the wrong way but try to appear confident about it). This shortcut led me to drive my a Target on Center St. in Abington that I had never seen before. It glowed with a pristine brightness that said "Come to me. I have tons of Proenza Schouler in this piece". And so we did. The parking lot was huge and had actual sidewalks built in between each row of cars. Red scupltures of the Target logo loomed around the parking lot, and the entire front entrance was made of glittering glass and shone like the entrance into a new shopping dimension.

Once I walked in, I knew that I had come home. It was clean, it was bright, the associates were extremely friendly and helpful, the clothing department was enourmous and stocked to the brim as was the electronics and homegoods aisles. The shoe section was neatly organized by size (shocking!) and style so I had no problem finding, and then purchasing these pieces of hotness



All in all, a four star shopping experience at a one star price. I could not believe my good luck. Sure, it's about 15 minutes farther away than the South Bay Target, but its' totally worth the time and effort.

Abington Target, you complete me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this Target as well, and it is super close to my house (Much better than hitting the one in Taunton)!!!

It is still "Brand Spanking New" as it opened right before Christmas!!!

Sarah said...

I forgot about that Taunton Target! I used to go there back in the day. Sigh. Memories.

Perfectly Plump Preppy 2.0 said...

For the longest time the closest Target to me left a lot to be desired. Then one day they built a Target closer to my house. They put a Starbucks inside of the store. In the same complex there is now a wine shop, spray tan parlor, and a TJ Maxx. I'm pretty sure that is what heaven will be like.

RED said...

Oh how I love target. Great to hear you've found your 'happy place'. Enjoy!

East Coast Teacher said...

Oh Target, how I love thee...even more so on my night's off!

I think their spring collection is the best I've seen in years. I've already picked up that wrap dress, a white short sleeved cardigan, a sky blue short sleeved sweater, an aqua scoop neck t-shirt, and the cutest white and black skirt.

Next - the shoe department!

Anonymous said...

Totally goes the shoes in black on Sunday. Amazing!

P.S. - May 26, 2007 - Austin, TX - be there or be square.

san said...

a TARGET... the best store EVER :) nobody should have to live without one.

Sarah said...

Hil you better come back here and have some kind of fabulous Boston reception!!

MarisaJosephine said...

i think that Target in Abington is the best invention EVER

thank god
it has saved us from the teenage gangs of south bay

um hi
i have never found any of the shoes on the web at south bay

and me wants some shoes

yea!!!!!!!!

Jenni said...

Ah Target. It's amazing that we can feel this way about a store! :) We have one here in Seattle that is 2 stories!

Sarah said...

a TWO story Target!!???

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

I luv me some Target, too!