Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Number of cars that have crashed into the guardrail in front of my apartment building today: 2

Number of cars that have driven across the front lawn and hit a telephone pole: 1

% chance of me heading to the office today? 0

When I emailed my boss this morning to tell her I would be working from home she said "Join the club" so apparently I am not the only one who considers herself a die-hard New Englander but can't bring herself to drive in the slushy sleety snow.

As for Valentine's Day Plans, I celebrated with my girlfriends last night, and tonight Adam and I had planned on going to Joe's Bar and Grill and then the Mall for some Valentines Day shoe shopping (do we know how to party or what?) but since the roads are treacherous and we are infants, we will instead be having steak dinners at home supplemented by lots of wine and perhaps a viewing of Wet Hot American Summer.




Because you know - Valentine's Day is about love. And we LOVE that movie.

Caped Boy: Excuse me, ladies. You may remember me as the guy who came to dinner a few weeks ago with underwear on my head. My name is Keith Stat from Millburn, New Jersey. State bird, the mosquito. And as you may have heard I am recently a crowned class B dungeon-master. So if any of you would like to play D&D today, please speak now or forever hold your peace.
Caped Boy: Anyone? Alexa! Maybe you would like to join in? We do need a druid, and you have definitely cast a level 5 charm spell on me.
Alexa: In your dreams, douche-bag!
Caped Boy: Douche-bags are hygienic products, I take that as a compliment. Thank you.

Most romantic movie EVER.

4 comments:

AnnaB said...

I have to go hump a fridge

Anonymous said...

Best part of that movie? Christopher Meloni. "Now finish up them taters, I'm gonna go fondle my sweaters." I thought Detective Stabler couldn't be creepy, this movie proved me wrong. Of course, that was before I started watching him as Chris Keller on DVDs of Oz...
Me and PJ's plans tonight? A roaring fire, a big lovely fancy pasta dinner, loads of wine, and Ben and Jerry's for dessert. And this was our plan even before the snow! I'm home today too, Sarah. Hooray for school closures!

Anonymous said...

Did I forget to mention we're waching Oz Season 5 tonight? What could be more romantic than prison love? LOL.

East Coast Teacher said...

Christopher Meloni is in this movie? I've never heard of it, but must watch it.

I love him.