Pages

Friday, January 19, 2007

While I was waiting for my prescriptions to be filled the other day at your and my favorite place, CVS, I had had the opportunity to browse for quite a while (because even though they told me my meds would be ready in 10 minutes, it was more like 30 minutes because some irate man came in and was screaming and making a fit about who knows what, probably not being able to fill his illegal persrciption for oxycontin or something, but that is neither here nor there).

Anyway, even when sick I can rally my spirits enough to spend an inappropriate amount of money at CVS. First of all, Sally Hansen's Lip Inflation is AWESOME. At least equally good as Lip Venom and about 1/3 of the price. I highly reccomend.


Second of all, what has the world come to that people need to wear fake toenails>?



As much as I was repelled by the idea of gluing on plastic toenails, I have to say (and maybe this is the drugs talking) a small part of me was a little drawn to it. Not as an everyday thing. But to try it once and report back. It's so wrong, but kind of in a hilarious way.

ANd lastly, I have been flat irnoning my hair for the past few weeks. No one is psyched about it except me, especially not my hair, or Adam who repeatedly finds my flatiron still on in the morning after I have left. In any case, I picked up some V05 Miracle Heat Defense Conditioning Spray and am IN love with it. It makes my flat iron work better, and it makes my hair feel great.



And at just under $5, you can't go wrong.

I'm glad my doctor didn't fill my persrciptions in his office like he sometimes does...look at all I would have missed out on.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

im sure what you got was better than this $5 for 20 fake toenail pack i saw. it just cracks me up. i used to wear those kinds of fake nails in high school and they would always randomly fall off for no reason. i can't imagine how long they would last on feet!

Anonymous said...

I hate feet. I am in no ways a feet fan. I have to pedicure my own feet to even deal with them. The idea of a nasty glue-on toenail gives me a shiver right up my spine. I imagine them falling off some flip-flop wearing girl in a public bathroom on a beach somewhere in the summer...and me finding one. EW EW EW!!!

Sarah said...

aw nicky, i WAS going to get you a set to wear on your wedding day.

Anonymous said...

Oh hells no! Wouldn't that be cute = a fake toenail getting caught in my open toed flats and flinging out as if from a catapult as I walk down the aisle. LOL. I'm going to a day spa the Friday before our wedding. Mani, pedi, and massage = happy me.

Sarah said...

haha! i will be getting a mani/
pedi before your wedding as well. i have heard SO many nice things about the BVI. i can't wait to see it/hang out in it. oh and seeing you get married will be a plus too:-) JK!

Anonymous said...

BVI is really great, but they need to meet with me. I haven't heard from them since we paid them! Helloooo. I sorta need to know info so I can send out invites. I have an appointment w/them next week. Can't believe how close the wedding is already...and how damn busy I am! (I'm ready to poke out my own eyes...)

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see your gift registries! Spying on friends' gift registries is a hobby of mine you know. obsessively checking every day to see what people bought when it's not even my wedding! i can't help it though. so fun.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE miracle mist but I've been having trouble finding it! I will make sure to check out my local CVS. :-) That stuff is FANTASTIC.

Anonymous said...

Oh forget gift registries! I've been so booked with vendors, it's the last thing on my list. Though, I everytime something breaks or is completely unusable in my kitchen (which is frequently), I say "bridal registry" to PJ. Dunno when we'll ever get around to it, though!

Anonymous said...

Great pics on a couple of things but the fake toe-nail. Ugh! It's like the 80s revisited... eeks!