Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A little eye candy for your Wednesday morning


And while we're on the subject, I remembered something fun yesterday. When I was in college, I worked part time in the Lord and Taylor Ladies Shoe Department and while it was more cutthroat than anything I have ever seen on the Apprentice, I learned a thing or two. One is that places like Target, Payless and Parade of Shoes actually copy more expensive shoe designs from Nina and Anne Klein which in turn often mimic even higher end designers. For instance, Jenny was looking at these Nina shoes yesterday



Which are $80 on piperlime.com. A gorgeous shoe, right?

Well, Target thinks so too since they carry a Moss Heulwen shoe that is pretty much it's twin for $20



And you can do this with all kinds of styles. Which made me want to go hunting for a less expensive version of the Christian Louboutin pieces of heaven at the top of this blog. Franco Sarto chimed in with these, which come in black and red patent leather



But not quite the same...Nowhere near as cute.

So the hunt is on. I will check back in at the end of the day with either a picture of a just as cute version of this shoe at a much lower price....or a paypal button on my sidebar labeled "Sarah's Shoe Fund"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those green shoes? Utterly adorable. And I love me some Franco Sarto.

Sarah said...

Nicky we have the same show size, right? Let's split the cost and share custody! :-)

Anonymous said...

custody-sharing never ends well. just ask my sister about the brown strappy sandals we shared during college...

i think they might have been used as projectile weapons at some point.

(and btw, i am in love with a pair of boots on endless.com...but they are $130 and guess what, i am poor. i know that's not bad for good boots, but i am still hesistant to pay triple digits for a pair of shoes....ah, so sad.)

Anonymous said...

Okay I have a question. The style at Target is similar but is the quality? Just wondering.

Sarah said...

i think the quality is comparable. i have had shoes from target that last years (especially dress shoes which don't get worn that much). i have also worn Nina and comparably priced shoes that fall apart after a only wearing them a few times, and vice versa. So I guess it depends on how often you wear them, and how well you take care of your shoes.

Anonymous said...

I actually like the last pair you posted. not bad ;) the green ones take the cake though ;)

Sarah said...

i like them too! peep-toe mary janes are adoarble! that green does it for me though.

Anonymous said...

it's looks like candy. i'd be afraid to try them on ... i might lick them.

Anonymous said...

Great shoes!! Damn....We need to shop together one of these days. :)

Anonymous said...

Peep Toe Mary Janes - Get Thee To Nine West - STAT! Seriously - the sale there is outrageous right now. I walked out of there with a bunch of shoes for cheap and one of which was the peep toe mary janes. Tis love. Absolutely love.

Sarah said...

oooooooh give us a link, girl!

Anonymous said...

www.ninewest.com

The ones I got are not on the NW Website but there's a pic on my blog if you want to check it out - the peep toe mary janes are in natural, red, gold, silver and I think black & gray. You really have to check it out.

Here’s a pic from Nordy’s:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2908291?cm_ven=bizrate&cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=shoes:women:pumps&cm_ite=nine_west_'carlen'_pump:111960


This site is like crack *shaking* I wound up adding MORE shoes to my shoe "shrine". God help my poor credit card (and the moving guys next week). To quote Carrie from S&TC: “I have an addiction, sir!”