Pages

Friday, December 16, 2005

There are many ways that people choose to express their holiday spirit this Christmas Season.

Happy Holidays

Season's Greetings

F*ck Christmas and f*ck you too.

Well, the third one I have only heard once. In fact it was expressed to me this afternoon while waiting in line in AJ Wright.

I to AJ's on my lunch break to stock up on jarred candles since they are having a blow out clearance sale and I can always use jarred candles. You know, for hostess gifts or for when I run out of Febreze.

Anyway so I only ended up picking out 3, and was in line waiting to pay. The woman in front of me was buying a jacket but realized when she got to the cashier that there was no tag on the jacket. So she left the line and went to go find a new one, after the cashier told her she could come right to the front of the line when she came back.

In the meantime, the cashier, who by the way was the cutest christmas-pin laden little old lady ever, motioned for me to give her my candles so she could ring them up while we waited. As I was handing her my cash, the lady with the jacket returned and was NOT HAPPY.

"Excuse me, ma'am! Why did you do this? Who told you you could do this!?" she said, like the old lady had caused her greivous bodily harm.

The cashier, in the middle of counting out my change, looked taken aback and started stuttering out an "I'm sorry" but oh no, Miss Thing was not finished. "I'm on my goddamn lunch break and I do NOT have time to wait for this sh*t. You are very rude!".

At this point, I had to step in. Who curses out an old lady!? Wearing a Santa hat no less?!"

"Ma'am, I'm on my lunch break too and I asked her to go ahead and ring in my things while we waited. It only takes a minute and we had no idea how long you would be."

"I don't care how long it takes this is f*cking ridicuous and f*cking rude". Meanwhile if she hadn't said anything I would have been done and out of the store but the cashier was scared and couldn't count my change or get the register to work, poor thing.

"Well, it's the Christmas season so give her a break", I said.

"F*ck Christmas and f*ck you too!" she said, slamming her coat on the ground and storming out.

The cashier muttered "Grinch!" and handed me my change for which I thanked her, and then waited a few minutes before leaving the store just in case Crazy Grinch Lady was waiting for me outside. (I may have the courage to stand up to her in the store, but in a rainy Waltham parking lot? not so much)

5 comments:

MarisaJosephine said...

that lady was P-s-y-C-h-O
I think the world has gone crazy today. silly silly rude woman
doesn't she realise she will get coal?

:)

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy your blog, it's awsome, i can not belive that person who yelled fuck

how rude!!!

Erin said...

wow, you manage to come in contact with people I've only seen on Seinfeld.

Anonymous said...

Craziness! It just amazes me how rude and inconsiderate people can be. And no, you CANNOT get made at an old lady with Christmas pins!

Merry Christmas!

Frankie said...

OMG How INSANE!