Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2005

This weekend is the Open House Weekend at the Plain Street Studios in Rockland, MA.

I worked this event in my dad's studio last year, since he was in France, and it is truly a great time. There are four floors of every kind of art imaginable: paintings, handmade jewelery, drawings, photographs, graphic design, sculptures, unique home goods, etc, so if you are into any kind of art then you will find something you like there.

It's free to get in and there is no pressure to buy. Even if you don't need anything it's really interesting to see what local artists are up to. Oh, and did i mention there's free wine and food? yeah. FREE WINE. a lot of it.
and nothing quite goes so well together as wine and art, right?



Anyway, known as the F.L. & J.C. Codman building , it's really is an old warehouse with hundreds of small rooms that's kind of fun to get lost in as you wander from studio to studio (oh, and you WILL get lost. i was stuck on the third floor for like an hour last year).

My dad's stuff will be on display so if you wander into the studio of James Stewart feel free to drop heaps of compliments on his amazing pieces (he sculpts and paints).

And although I'm not working there this year, I will probably be there on Saturday and on Sunday supporting my dad, maybe scoping out some early christmas gifts....so if you plan on going drop me a note so we can meet up for a free glass of wine.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

aw! if you email me your address i will send you a postcard...i always end up buying TONS of gorgeous postcards at these kinds of events!

M said...

Oh, James! Send me a postcard too!

Sarah said...

will do!