Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

there is a great article on Boston.com today about how important being a likeable person is to getting ahead in your career.

i especially found this part interesting (and true)

It's hard to underestimate the impact of good social skills on your career. In fact, across the board, in a wide variety of businesses, people would rather work with someone who is likable and incompetent than with someone who is skilled and obnoxious, said Tiziana Casciaro, a professor at Harvard Business School. "How we value competence changes depending on whether we like someone or not," she says.

it makes me feel a lot better about having essentially no marketable skills, believe you me.

4 comments:

MarisaJosephine said...

i would rather work with you than with the crazies i work with here at my job. You are marketable by the way? i think sometimes we all need reminding of that!

Anonymous said...

I'm screwed. I am the least likable person while I'm at work. Plus, I'm not even good at things. Ohhh well.

-Sasky

Sarah said...

i seriously doubt that you are unlikable....and anyway aren't the most annoying people on earth usually the ones who are good at things and since we are not good at things then we are the LEAST ANNOYING.

Anonymous said...

it's your old roommate becky...just wanted to let you know your blog keeps me entertained during class! love it!