Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2005

do you ever wake up in the morning and realize you have nothing to wear?

i mean literally: NOTHING. everything is either dirty, or missing or hidden under the colossal mess you made while moving all the crap that was in the living room into the bedroom to make your apartment look SOMEWHAT neat for your guests.

you know what i mean?

i seriously thought i was going to come to work today in a bleach stained hot pink skirt and a wrinkled, smokey black tee shirt. i was going to hide the bleach stain with a flower pin. that's cool, right?

and then an outfit fell from heaven.

literally. an outfit that i had completely forgot i owned appeared in my closet (a closet where 90% of the things are now on the floor) and it was on the same hanger as a large navy+red hoodie so it had been obscured from my vision. and while i was flinging hangers aroung crazily trying to find SOMETHING to wear. this lovely outfit fell at my feet: an olive colored peasant cut short sleeved shirt, and a tan colored knee length skirt that has olive, burnt orange, aqua and brown vines and flowers embroidered along the hem and up the sides.

perfection!

(now my hair? that is another story altogether. damn you, 75% humidity! damn you to hell!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for dinner. And putting up with my venting. You= a lovely human being. Can't waitr for next thursday! Love, andy b.

Anonymous said...

girl, the entry about you having maternal insticts for your handbags was GOLDEN! i loved it! unfortunately, i have maternal instincts out the butt and save every "child" from possible hurt...and usually end up hurting myself in the process.

oh! and don't you just love great outfits that fall from the sky??
~natalie.

Frankie said...

Ah. We lead parallel lives!

Crystal said...

I agree on the hair + humidity = disaster! I have been wearing my hair in a ponytail everyday for about the past 6 weeks! If I don't by time I get to work I'm sporting a big frizzy afro!