Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2005

andy: should we just get a half-bottle of wine?
me: we've already had four glasses!
andy: you're right....we should get a whole bottle.

and so it goes...

last night was my night to make dinner because adam has class until 9PM on wednesdays. so i opened the freezer, took out some chicken.......and then put it back in, ordered chinese food and left that out for adam while I took on Alba with Andy.

we of course meant to only have one cocktail and adjourn early but you know that gossiping is fuled by wine and vice versa so one glass became two became five.

i don't know why i try and make resolutions every year to stop gossiping. i really never will stop. and to make it even easier to find things to gossip about: i ran into someone i know who is Married, but who was Not With His Wife. they were sitting very close together until I went over to say hi/make them uncomfortable. she was introduced as a "client". in a bar at 10PM, 50 miles from your house? yeah, i bet she is a "client".

of course, i am making mountains out of molehills, but it is more fun that way don't you think?

from Alba we hit up Fuji for a limoncello cocktail that i sent back because i realized i was too drunk to be drinking something that tastes like lemon scented nail polish remover.

and now here i am, at work, wishing that French Connection made a t-shirt that said "Hungover as Fcuk"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do tell the gossip you dished about me! That is the fun part after all ... once of course you accept the fact that everyone gossips and that inevitably you will be gossiped about ;) For some reason, this doesn't bother me. Quite the opposite, I'd be offended if I wasn't gossiped about!

Sarah said...

actually, our gossip was mostly aimed at katie holmes, our mothers, and the person i know who is married who was there not with his wife. i will be sure and gossip about you tonight though when i am out to dinner with my cousins if it means that much to you!

Anonymous said...

haha - I knew I could count on you ;) Now the only lingering question - who IS this married sans wife......?!

e$ said...

I would definitely buy a "hungover as fcuk" shirt. That is a brilliant idea!!

Anonymous said...

oh girl, i do feel for your hungoverness! but yay for gossiping!!! :)
~natalie

Kim said...

Gossip definitely is a no no ...

What kind of wine were you drinking? I'm always on the lookout of for a good red!