Pages

Friday, May 20, 2005


i did not get much sleep last night.

i'm not prone to insomnia, in fact i usually hit the pillow hard and am dead to the world 5 minutes after i lie down. but last night when Adam and i got home from the Sunset Grill, i was so wound up that even though i almost immediately went to bed, i lay awake for almost two hours.

so of course today i am incoherent.

which brings me to my point.

i needed a minute to wake up before i took a shower this morning so i sat in the living room and put on the news. some of Adam's school papers were on the coffee table (he is taking business classes part time at Northeastern) and i started to leaf through them.

one was an advertisement for apartments convenient to his school which (for some unknown reason..maybe to make the reader feel better about the fact that a 1 bedroom is $1575 a month?) had a Stella Stewart quote printed in flowing script that read:

"Within me is infinite power,
Before me is endless possibility.
Around me is boundless opportunity...
Why should I fear?

but i, in my 4 hours of sleep stupor, read the quote as:

"Within me is infinite power,
Before me is endless possibility.
Around me is boundless opportunity...
What should I wear?

i have to say, i was much happier with my version of it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sunset's my old neighborhood! We love that place. :)