Pages

Monday, April 05, 2004

both jenny and i have bought new flowers for our desks. i have a new found affection for alstomeria. they're like mini lillies but not as funeral-smelling.

cute, right? they sit on my desk and brighten my day.


god i am lame.


also, i just bought The StoryTeller's Daughter and i can't wait to start reading it. i've needed a new book to read for a while...i finished Sophia Kinsella's "Shopoholic" series and it was a fantastic diversion considering I read East of Eden, The Da Vinci Code and The Red Tent all back to back and was burned out on meaningful texts. I'm ready to dive back in though. wheeee!

also: i have an addiction that is gradually taking over my life. this addiction is begining to infringe on my work life, which i read on some drug website is the first sign of true addiction. what am i addicted to? you may be wondering.




silly, colorful, sticky-backed post-its. I have about 4 unopened packages that i bought myself, not to mention the huge block of daisy-imprinted post-its on my desk not to mention the unopened stockpiles of boring manila colored post-its in the store room downstairs.



these post-its are taking over my life. every time i have to remember something, or someone leaves a message with me i get out a new post it and stick it on my computer monitor/desk/cell-phone holder/flower-vase/phone. my desk is covered in these things like lots of multi-colored flags. if you had bad vision you might think that i have a tiled desk.

i am trying to curb this problem. i am this close to having my W.B.Mason catalogue away

No comments: