Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The thing about going to work at the same time every day is that you end up making the trip with some of the same people time after time. I leave my house every day at 8:06 (except when I am running late which is probably once a week). I take the same redline train and the same green C train, and i walk down Newbury Street the same way. As such, I take the train/walk with a few of the same people every day. For instance, there is “White Louis Vuitton Bag and Rainbow Scarf Girl” and “Scuffed Brown Leather Jacket Guy with Pruple Suede Jacket GIrlfriend” and “Ecru Ankle-Length Coat and faux Birkin Bag Girl.”. and “Girl Who Reads Trashy Romance Novels Outside of Virgin Records” I like seeing these people every day, because it means that I am on time. It makes me wonder if other people do this? And it makes me wonder who am I in the commuting world of others? Pink Coat and Christian Dior Bag Girl? I suppose more than likely I am “Tall Angry Girl with Cigarette" slightly less glamorous but perhaps more descriptive.

No comments: