Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

a couple of weeks ago i dreamt that i was swimming in a pool filled with trash and kept getting the putrid water in my mouth. for days i could not forget the memory of that taste. however, today i have a vivid reminder because the coffee i just made tastes just like that trash-water. mmmmm.

i haven't been up before 7AM since i had surgery last month. it's amazing how not having class until 11:30 spoils you for all things that happen earlier in the morning. I have a job interview at 9AM with this temp agency in Boston, and when they told me to come in that early i was like "Wait, and miss Golden Girls?". But alas, getting a job is not conducive to the Lifetime morning lineup.

Yesterday my African Studies professor yelled “Sarah, you walk like a woman going to war!” from his podium as I stalked into class. Evidently, this means I mean business. Or he could mean that I am really loud when I walk because inevitably I have some kind of crazy heel on. In any case, I was like “Yeah well you’re a polygamist”. No, I didn’t really say that. I should have though, because he is. He doesn’t really like me anyway because I won’t put titles on my essays. I just can never think of a good, clever title and shitty titles kind of ruin the whole piece, don’t you think?

So wish me luck on my interview.......

No comments: